Would you like to be a Piste X Code Ambassador?
We launched the Piste X Code in February 2022. We’d become frustrated and scared by the behaviour of many mountain users in our home resorts of Morzine, Les Gets and Avoriaz and as parents, in addition to the shocking news of some tragically avoidable accidents occurring in the Alps this winter.
We set ourselves an ambitious deadline of just two weeks to film our launch video and initiate our campaign; ‘going live’ ahead of the busy February school holiday weeks was key for us. We went to local business owners, asking for financial support and practical help. We designed logos, built this website and established social media channels. Our friends from the world of professional snow sports stepped up to lend their voice to the campaign.
But what’s next?
Each day, via Facebook or Instagram, one of you contacts us to offer support. Although the Piste X Code was initiated and funded by local businesses in Morzine, Les Gets and Avoriaz, our message is universal.
Our aim is to see piste patrollers on our slopes, especially (but not limited to) the peak holiday weeks. Their role would be to enforce the well-established rules of the piste to deter dangerous and life threatening behaviour. We’d also like there to be clear and serious consequences for reckless and out of control behaviour on the slopes, such as the confiscation of lift passes for those who ignore the rules.
What is a Piste X Code Ambassador?
To help us expand our campaign, we hope to work with other like-minded resort locals to create awareness for the Piste X Code. Ideally you’ll live in a mountain resort and have the ability to amplify our safety messages within your local community. By becoming a Piste X Code Ambassador you will be helping to make a difference to safety on the pistes. You will be joining an initiative to help to protect yourselves, your friends, family and colleagues from unnecessary accidents on the slopes.
Piste X Code Ambassadors will…
- Promote the Piste X Code to local businesses and through social media in their designated resort
- Live in and be well-established in a ski resort, ideally with strong connections to lift companies and other local businesses
- Arrange in-person meetings and workshops with other locals that are passionate about this issue to engage support and gather ideas
- Have a good knowledge of piste safety and a strong understanding of why this is a significant issue
- Have the drive to raise money in your resort for the filming and editing of safety videos, the printing of posters, stickers and other material promoting the Piste X Code. Please be aware that being a Piste X Code Ambassador is a voluntary role. However, we hope that you, like us, see the importance of taking action to help keep the slopes safer.
If you’d like to become a Piste X Code Ambassador, Amie and Louise would love to hear from you. We can meet virtually to further discuss our campaign and your potential involvement. If you’d like to know more, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.